07 August, 2012

You know I have to comment on this...

So.  It's finally happened.  The end we have all been waiting for is here.  But who the hell knew it was going to end like this!?!   Certainly not me.  Certainly not my Nonnie friends.  Let me just say that the situation as a whole sucks.  A family is torn by the selfish acts of two people.  The victims here are a wife and her two children.  Not either of the two cheating parties or the non-boyfriend.

What is annoying is the amount of people who have jumped ship and those who, just two weeks ago, worshipped the ground Stewart walked on are now hating her, burning their memorabilia, denouncing her across the web, and more.  Some sites have shut down, gone on hiatus are are simply ignoring it. Other sites who's name depicted a dedication to Pattinson and who used to gush about Stewart and him together are now editing her out of promotional pictures for BD2.  They can't even stand to look at her. And the followers who bought into the entire thing just 2 weeks ago are thanking the site mods for it.  Can we say "Whiplash"?

Let me elaborate on that.  While I am sitting back and laughing at the fall out from all of this because, let's face it, most everyone is now seeing what we have been saying for years, there are those that still believe, still support and still adore her.  They are preaching for all the newly turned "haters" (I really loath that word) are driving a divide in the fandom.

Pardon me?  THIS is what is being blamed for driving a wedge in this fandom.  I'm going to have to lay down a big ol' hand of BULLSHIT!!!

This fandom has been divided since 2009 when Scummit Ent. decided to that the franchise would sell better if people believed if the two main characters were in a real relationship.  Contracts were drawn up, rules laid out, outings arranged.  We have been preaching this and getting a boat load of hate from it for three years.  THREE YEARS!! I have watched as friends have had their home addresses put on line on message boards.  Pictures of their children put online for ridicule.  Bosses notified by private emails to try and get people fired.  Along with countless hounding, name calling, stalking, account hacking, insulting, and screen capping.  And personal to me, having my screen name re-tweeted to others with harassing and insulting things being said.

Now, sticks and stones and all that crap. If someone wants to call me a bad mom, go right ahead.  I know the truth.  Want to call me fat?  Go ahead.  Yes, I'm over weight, but I can loose it.  Want to call me ugly?  Go right ahead.  I really don't care what someone on the internet thinks of me and my looks.  But this other stuff?  That is crossing line.  You don't post pictures of someones children on line.  You don't post someones address online and you don't anonymously email someones boss to try and get them fired.

Especially not because they don't share the same likes as you or don't think a certain celebrity couple is dating.  The levels of ridiculousness that I've seen has been astounding.  I mean, real junior high garbage.

So this garbage of the fandom divide coming from the childish and selfish actions of two adults is just simply ridiculous. If you had asked me back in 2008 or 2009 if I'd ever be glad Twilight was ending, I'd have told you, "Absolutely not"  I liked the books, thought the movies were decent, at least the best that they could be with the material they were being made from, listen, I like the books, but they aren't the best things ever written.  However, now I cannot wait for this to be over.  November cannot get here soon enough.  I've never been more ready for a movie franchise to be over and done with.

One thing I am looking forward to though...Breaking Dawn II Promo.  In light of recent events, it's going to be very interesting.  Let the games begin.  Is it October yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment